A LITTLE ABOUT ME
- Graduated from Southwest Texas State University. College Major - Journalism/English (Sociology Minor). Later completed Reading and ESL certifications.
- I am a 6th grade reading teacher.
- 6th Grade Class Sponsor
- U.I.L. Spelling sponsor - 6th, 7th, and 8th grades
- Available for AM Support Time from 7:30 to 7:54 a.m. Tuesday through Friday and PM Support Time from 3:30 to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- I am a proud JHS alumna, and I am equally proud that the 2017-2018 school year marks my 28th year of teaching, all at Jourdanton Junior High. Though I have no children of my own, I am the "Super Aunt" of 10 wonderful nieces and nephews. Four of them are JISD students: 1 is attending Jourdanton Elementary, 1 is attending Jourdanton Junior High, and 2 are attending Jourdanton High school this school year. My oldest nephew is a 2017 graduate of JHS and is attending Sam Houston State University -- Go Bearkats!!
- Favorite Quote: "Be who you are and you will set the world ablaze." - St. Catherine of Sienna
- This Year's Favorite Saying: "I TEACH!! What's your super power?"
|"A" Day||"B" Day|
|1st Period||6th Grade Reading||5th Period||6th Grade Reading|
|2nd Period||6th Grade Reading||6th Period||6th Grade Reading|
|3rd Period||Conference Period & RTI||7th Period||Conference Period|
|4th Period||6th Grade Reading||8th Period||6th Grade Reading|
Ms. Netardus’s 6th Grade Reading Class Grading Policy
My six weeks grading policy is as follows:
40% - Daily Work/Homework (DW/HW)
20% - Quizzes
20% - Independent Reading (primarily Reading Plus)
20% - Cumulative Assessment(s) – Six Weeks Unit Test(s)
Late work is any homework assignment that is NOT complete and ready to be turned in at the beginning of class on the due date. Late work is graded with a maximum grade of 70 given. This means a perfect paper (a “100”) receives a grade of 70. Less than perfect papers are graded by multiplying the actual percentage grade earned by 70 (max grade). For example:
80% (earned grade) x 70 (max grade) = 56L (late)
The grade recorded for the student would be a 56.
Students may correct homework or daily work assignments to bring up any grade below 70, whether the assignment was turned in on-time OR late. Students may also correct quizzes if a grade below 70 was earned. The re-do grade is 70, but will only be given when ALL corrections are done to 100% accuracy! If a corrected assignment or quiz is turned in without 100% accuracy, I will return it to the student for another chance (or chances) to correct the work until 100% accuracy is attained.
Students can come to my class for help with homework, etc., during our AM Support Time from 7:30-7:54 Tuesday through Friday or PM Support Time from 3:30-4:00 Monday through Thursday.
Join my 6th Grade Reading Class “Remind” app group to get text messages regarding important information, especially regarding Reading Plus, by going to rmd.at/dneta in your web browser on your smartphone. Follow directions to sign up. You’ll be prompted to download the FREE mobile app. If you do not have a smartphone, text @dneta to the number 81010 to sign up.
I generally accept late work and corrections up until the end of the last school day of the six weeks.
There are NO late grades or corrections allowed for Reading Plus! There will be one grade per week for the Reading Plus category to be determined as follows: comprehension average (for all SeeReader lessons completed) and a participation grade (percentage of assigned lessons completed) AVERAGED together. For example: a student’s weekly Reading Plus comprehension average is a 94%; however, this student only completed 5 out of the 9 assigned lessons for a participation grade of 56%. So, 94 + 56 = 150; 150 divided by 2 = 75 for the recorded weekly Reading Plus grade. The same grade of 75 would be earned if the student’s comprehension average was 56%, but the participation grade was 94%. In other words, completing ALL weekly assignments -- as well as using all “re-reads” as needed -- is crucial to the student’s success!! Students will generally be given a minimum of 2 hours of school time to work on their Reading Plus lessons per week: 40 minutes each in Reading, English, and Social Studies classes. If students need additional time, they may work in the library computer lab before school from 7:30-8:00 a.m. or after school from 3:30-4:00 p.m. Students can also work on the program at home if they have proper internet access. More information about how to do this will be given to students.
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School address: 200 Zanderson, Jourdanton, TX 78026
- School phone: (830) 769-2234, ext. 236
- School FAX: (830) 769-2998