Click Here for More Information
Welcome to Mrs. Lawrence's 7th Grade Reading Classroom!
I am so happy to be back at Jourdanton Junior High after a great summer and look forward to a wonderful year! I am a graduate and Former Student of Texas A&M University at College Station. (whoop!) This is my 23rd year in education which includes teaching 2nd - 8th grades, 7th/8th grade Speech, Kinder - 8th grade Gifted and Talented, and I served as an Instructinal Specialist. Reading has always been my favorite subject, and I love my Junior High kids.
Program Basics - We will be reading books, novels, and other works incorporating writing, research, technology and creativity. Students will be learning to read and write beyond the text and make connections to other books and their own life. I have high expectations and always emphasize Quality Work, doing Your BEST, responsibility, time management, and organization.
Homework Policy – If Homework is assigned, students are expected to have it ready to turn in at the beginning of class on their desk ready to be picked up. Homework is usually started in class and should be finished and brought back the next class period if it has not been completed in class.
Students should be reading an outside book, approved by Mrs. Lawrence, every day for assignments that go along with any novel or book or for an assigned Book Report.
Parents, Please check your child’s assignment book each day for Homework or other notes.
Late Homework Policy
- Work not 70% complete by the due date is considered LATE
- All LATE work must be turned in to the LATE basket by Friday of the same week it was due
- Maximum grade of 70 allowed
- Students may correct All Daily work, quizzes, unit testsand novel tests that have a grade less than 70 for extra credit. (notebooks and Rdg+ may not be corrected). Maximum grade of 70 if All corrections are accurate and complete. Only one attempt at corrections is allowed.
- Correct all errors in another color of Ink (except Red) out to the side of the original answer. DO NOT erase original answers!
- When you are finished correcting, Write “DONE” AND CIRCLE IT at the top of the page next to the original grade.
- Turn in all Corrections to the REWORK basket by Friday of the same week it was returned.
- Reading Notebooks will be required each 6 Weeks
- Notebooks should have a Cover Sheet and tab dividers (Tabs to read: Notes, Warm Ups, Daily, Quizzes, Tests, Writing)
- All papers should be organized by DATE behind the correct tab divider. (oldest papers right behind tab divider and more recent papers added at the end of the section.)
Daily Work (journal entries, skills sheets, vocabulary, etc) 40%
Quizzes (skills assessments, notebook checks, Reading Plus 40%
Tests (Unit and Novel tests, Book Reports, projects) 20%
My students and their parents will be receiving a letter from me at the beginning of school to review helpful classroom routines, additional classroom supplies, and information for student success. Don't forget to sign up for the REMIND APP for your cell phone to alert Parents and students about upcoming tests and projects. (NOT for ordinary homework)
My Conference time is 2:00 - 3:30 pm on B Days only. Please feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the office at 830-769-2337. I am so happy to be here and look forward to a Fun and Exciting Year!